Everyone loves the beach, just don’t get caught up in the excitement and forget your sunnies!
July is Eye Injury Prevention Month, and Metro Eye wants to help you protect your beautiful eyes from that sneaky sun.
Here are our 5 tips you can’t forget:
- Polarized sunglasses are ideal for boaters, fishermen and beach-goers — anyone who spends time outdoors. Polarized lenses help reduce discomforting glare.
- Be sure your sunglasses fit correctly. Not sure what the right sunglass shape is for your face? No problem — we covered this in a previous blog.
- Save your larger, oversized glasses for later on in the evening when you are less likely to get tan lines.
- Don’t head-butt the beach ball. It’s tempting, I know. But for the sake of your eye health — not a great idea.
- Finally, remember to check that UV sticker when you’re buying shades. Make sure it blocks more than 90% UV A and UV B. Anything less and it’s like going to the beach without enough suntan lotion.
For more tips, contact our optical stylists (414-727-5888) and set up a fitting of your own!