Eye Care Update: COVID-19
We have temporarily reduced our operations in observance of recent public restrictions made due to the COVID-19 pandemic, by the Milwaukee Health Department, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and Centers for Disease Control.
Metro Eye will continue to accommodate current patients with urgent and emergency eye care visits and procedures throughout this pandemic health emergency. Unfortunately, we must ask our patients to postpone routine eye care visits, as well as eyewear purchase inquiries, repairs and adjustments, until further notice.
New Office Hours
- Mon-Fri: 9am-1pm
- Sat-Sun: Closed
Metro Eye’s office is open (with abridged hours) to provide existing patients with urgent services including:
- Emergency eye treatments due to-
- Red eye, flashes/floaters, injury, infection, sudden change in vision, eye pain, etc.
- Pickups for existing contact lens and/or eyeglass orders (No adjustments or repairs at this time)
Please submit all new contact lens orders online, and your lenses will ship directly to you at no charge: https://metroeye.biz/purchase-contact-lenses/
Contact us right away to:
- Determine whether a visit to our office is absolutely necessary.
- Reschedule your routine eye care appointment.
- Request a phone or video chat consultation, to obtain expert no-contact advice or treatment from your home.
- Request refills or extensions on prescriptions, relating to current medications or concerning your contact lens supply.
- Request that we ship your glasses or contacts to you, if your order is ready.
If it is determined that an office visit is necessary, please avoid entering if you:
- Feel unwell, or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, such as: cough, fever and/or shortness of breath.
- Have traveled to any at-risk locations within the past 14 days, especially: Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has: traveled to any at-risk locations recently, is currently quarantined for this reason, or has been clinically diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19).
As your healthcare provider, we always follow strict cleaning and sanitation procedures, as regulated by OSHA. In light of recent concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have expanded our routine sterilization practices to include complete sanitation of every object and surface throughout our facility.
We will keep you updated as we carefully monitor all COVID-19 related safety developments daily, and plan to maintain social distancing until we resume full services as directed by our State Health Officials.
We sincerely appreciate your patience throughout this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions, and our limited staff will help you to the best of our ability throughout this global health emergency.