Your health is important. You may know how to take care of your general health: exercise, eat healthy, and get your vitamins! As your eye doctor, we’ve compiled a list specific to your eye health. Many of the ways in which you take care of your body are very beneficial for your eye health as well.
- Keep up to date on your eye exams. Not only can a prescription change help eye fatigue and strain, the testing and screening at your appointment could help prevent serious eye diseases. Many of those diseases do not have noticeable symptoms, so it’s important to get your eyes regularly tested!
- If you have other risk factors, such as diabetes, or a family history of eye disease, you should be seeing your eye doctor at least once a year.
- Wear sunglasses and blue light glasses – protect your eyes from harmful light sources, like the sun and all your devices.
- Eat a diet rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and omega 3s. This can help prevent age related diseases and support your general eye health
- If you have a prescription for corrective lenses – you should wear them! It will not weaken your eyes to wear them. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot train your eyes to see better by not wearing corrective lenses. Let the lenses do the work!
Is it time to schedule your annual eye exam? Call us at 414-727-5888 or go online to metroeye.biz/appointments to schedule!