DR. AMY JANKOWSKI
Profoundly passionate about optometry, Dr. Amy Jankowski first opened the doors of Metro Eye in 2003 with the mission to challenge conventional thinking in regard to achieving and maintaining optimal vision and ocular health for all members of the community.
Fueled by her fervent commitment to eye care, Dr. Jankowski has grown Metro Eye into a multi-specialty practice and continues to invest in relevant technology and staff training to deliver a level of service that exceeds the expectations of her patients. In addition to customizing and implementing local vision screening programs, for Penfield Children’s Center and Banner Prep High School, Dr. Jankowski continues to seek out innovative ways to support healthy vision throughout the Milwaukee area.
Dr. Jankowski earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Iowa State University in 1996, and her Doctorate Degree from Illinois College of Optometry in 2001, and then worked in corporate and private optometric practices from 2001-2003. In 2003 she opened Metro Eye independently, in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward neighborhood.
Dr. Amy Jankowski grew up in north central Iowa and currently lives in Fox Point with Mark, her husband of 23 years, as well as her 14 year old son Luca and 11 year old daughter Ella.
- Bachelor Degree: Iowa State University
- Doctorate Degree: Illinois College of Optometry
- Memberships & Board Certifications: American Optometric Association, Wisconsin Optometric Association, Board Certification for Optometry, Serves as a Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
- Voted Milwaukee’s Best Optometrist 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2019
Dr. Jankowski’s Appointment Availability
- Tuesday 9am-4:30pm
- Wednesday 9am-4pm
- Thursday 9am-4pm (Specialty Medical)
- Friday 8am-4pm